Tuesday 28 February 2012

Coincidence?

My husband had been looking for a 'new', older vehicle for several months, but hadn't found anything that pleased him.  Since he was working and I was not, he asked me to check out a car that he'd seen advertised.  I called the woman who was selling it and made arrangements to go see it.  It was a decent car, but one I knew my husband wouldn't particularly enjoy.

After inspecting it, the young woman and I struck up a conversation.   She told me she worked as an in-home representative for 'Incredible Homes' (see below), a building company in town.  "Oh!  That's interesting.  My sister also did the same job for a builder, but she was just laid off a couple of weeks ago."  Andrea, the young woman, mentioned that 'Incredible Homes' had a job opening in London and suggested that my sister apply for it.  I was excited to hear that because Sharmaine (see below) had been very depressed since her lay-off and was sure that she wouldn't find a job. Confidence has never been her forte.  I immediately called her and told her about the job opportunity.  "I've already applied to all of the builders in town," she said.  "What about 'Incredible Homes'",  I asked. "Yes, I applied there, too," she replied.

Several days later, I was visiting my sister and tried to encourage her about her prospects of finding work. "Anybody would be happy to have you working for them. You're hardworking, serious, friendly, knowledgeable, and loyal."  Sharmaine is mostly unaware of her talents and is quite insecure about her strengths and abilities. Suddenly, as we were sitting there at her kitchen table, a strange feeling came over me.  I felt very strongly, that God was prompting me to tell her something. "You'll have a job within a month."  I blurted. After I said it, I thought, "Where did that come from?  That was crazy. But, it felt so right when I said it!  What's going on?"

Three and a half weeks later, to my surprise, Sharmaine was offered, and accepted the job with 'Incredible Homes'.  I was sure she'd be thrilled, but she was still unhappy about her situation. She'd learned that when her training was complete, she was going to be, in her words, 'stuck out in the boonies', just outside of London...quite a drive from her house.  She'd heard that the houses in that area weren't selling well. Winter was also coming and housing sales slump in the winter.   She would be working on a commission basis and was already projecting that she wouldn't make enough money. The thought that she would need to look for a different job was very stressful.  Again, I felt God compelling me to say something. "Someone will be fired or will quit and you'll be offered another subdivision."  What the heck was going on? This was so weird!  But, somehow, I KNEW that the words I'd spoken were true.

About two weeks passed.  Sharmaine called me one day and said, "Well, you were right." I waited for her to continue.  When she didn't, I asked,  "About what?"  "You told me someone would quit their job or be fired.  Well, someone quit in order to go back to school."  Thankfully, when her training period was over, my sister would be taking over this particular person's subdivision...which happened to be located very close to her house.

There are more than 350,000 people in London.  Who was the person who quit her job, giving my sister a better subdivision close to her house?  It was Andrea, the young woman whose house I'd visited by chance, looking for a car for my husband, that's who!!! Of all the homes and all the people in London, Ontario, and there are a great many, I just happened to visit the VERY home in which lived the VERY person who in the future, would leave her job for my sister!

What a perfectly orchestrated situation!  God?  Coincidence?


* The name of the company and my sister's name have been changed to protect the....uh...company and my sister.

20 comments:

  1. Good thing no one knows your sister Sharmaine!
    Sharmaine....I mean Belle!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, t'is a very good thingy, indeedy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good story , Arlene

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, Mr. Gerofsky...aka Slam.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aha, Arlene I'm afraid you have me confused. I am not this
      'Slam' person you are talking about

      Delete
    2. Oh I'm so sorry, Slam...I mean Mr. Gerofsky.

      Delete
    3. ehhhem, it is me your brother barry of butch.!!

      who am i, do u think?? ;

      Delete
    4. I think you must be Slam because my brothers wouldn't use 'u' for you...Slam.

      Delete
    5. GRRRR! :P but it is me Barry G ;)

      Delete
    6. My brother, Barry wouldn't say GRRRR...Slammy!

      Delete
    7. Opportunity doesn't knock twice, because of sore knuckles :) great for your sister, I think she owes you a nice lunch. Not for the heads up but for the belief you have in her. Be well

      Delete
    8. Joey...this happened three years ago...but it sure was an amazing time! You'd believe in her, too!

      Delete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. There are no such things as coincidences... It is a curious fact that there is a Spiritual Law that says, Ask and it will be provided... It has been my experience that the answers most often come as a coincidence... Sooooo... When you decide to ask God for anything, pay attention to the coincidences that appear shortly thereafter... Its very interesting how this works... Try it...
    Many Blessings...

    ReplyDelete
  7. So true, Lee! I don't (as you can probably gather from the story) believe in coincidence, either!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Il y a des coïncidences tellement troublantes qu'on est souvent obligé de se poser des questions.. Il m'est arrivé parfois des situations qui renforcent mes convictions.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oui...il y'a des coincidences incroyables! J'ai eu un autre aujourd'hui. Le Bon Dieu nous aime beaucoup, beaucoup!!!

      Delete
  9. MR. Your Friend :)29 February 2012 at 11:36

    that is so cool Auntie!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yes, Mr. My Friend! It was definitely cool!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete