Monday 26 March 2012

Papi! (PART 2)

READ PAPI! BEFORE YOU READ THIS....THIS IS PAPI (PART 2)!!!

At about the same time that Jean-Pierre was making the phone call, a man approached us and held out his arms to the whimpering child.  She collapsed into his embrace. I asked, "Is this your Papi?" She nodded contentedly, her little arms hugging his neck, her head against his chest.  The elderly couple started explaining what had happened, taking credit for everything that had transpired, making no mention of the major role played by myself and my husband.  I found it amusing that they did so, but wasn't at all concerned.  I was just so happy that my prayer had been heard.  God had placed me just where I was needed.  What more could anyone want?  To be used by Him was reward in itself. The papi thanked the couple over and over, not even glancing at me.  He was greatly relieved to have his charge safely in his arms. Each then went his own way, and I stood there, gratefully reliving the events, giving thanks and waiting for my husband to appear.

An exhausted Jean-Pierre showed up after several minutes and was surprised to find me alone. "What happened?  Where's everybody?"  I filled him in on the details and mentioned in passing that the older couple had taken all the glory for themselves. "What do you mean?  Didn't he thank you, too?" "No, he didn't even know I was part of it."  "Why didn't you tell him you and I found the little girl?" "I don't know.  It didn't seem important to me.  I was just happy that God used me, that he put me where I was needed."  My husband, however, was not at all happy about the turn of events. "You shouldn't have sent me to find the family.   I knew I'd never find them.  I walked and searched for over half an hour, but it was a wild-goose chase.  I should have stayed here.  I can't believe they didn't tell him that you and I were responsible for finding her.  You should have been thanked...not them!" "But, I didn't need the thanks.  I was just happy that God used me, that we found her and that was enough for me."  "Well, it's not enough for me," Jean-Pierre complained bitterly. "You and I should have gotten the thanks." My husband still grumbling under his breath, we set off once again down the boardwalk.  After a short time, he griped, "I'm tired from all that walking.  I need to sit down."  With the number of people milling about, it was incredible that I spotted two vacant wooden deck chairs a short distance away. He sank unhappily into one of them and I claimed the other.  "I'm so upset about the whole thing," he lamented.  You should have said something.  You should have been thanked; I should have been thanked." I sighed, but said nothing.  We sat in silence for some time, each lost in his own thoughts...some happy, some not so happy.

TO BE CONTINUED IN PAPI (PART 3)


4 comments:

  1. What's the matter with you...a 3 parter!!!!????
    Belle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep...it was just too long to post all at once.

      Delete
  2. Ahhhhh!!! j'ai bien reconnu Jake qui n'est pas satisfait de la tournure des évènements... c'est une histoire qui finit bien pour cette petite fille...

    ReplyDelete
  3. No, no...tu connais pas ce Jake..hehehe! Oui...grace a Dieu, qu'il nous a donne les yeux et les oreilles!

    ReplyDelete